Turtles For Sale On undergroundreptilestore.com
Turtles can make great pets, and at Underground Reptile Store we have a wide selection of turtles for sale. From small box turtles to large snapping turtles, there is something for everyone. With our turtles, you’ll get high-quality reptiles that are safe, healthy and ready to be part of your home.
Our turtle selection includes some of the most popular pet turtle species in the world, such as red-eared sliders, painted turtles, eastern box turtles and diamondback terrapins. We also stock rare and exotic turtles like Russian Tortoises and African Leopard Tortoises.
So whether you’re looking for your first pet turtle or adding to your collection, Underground Reptile Store has something for you. Our team of reptile experts are always happy to answer any questions you may have about our turtles before you purchase, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any queries!
Types of Turtles for Sale
At undergroundreptilestore.com, we specialize in selling a wide variety of turtles. Whether you are looking for an aquatic pet turtle, a terrestrial species for a garden habitat, or an exotic captive-bred turtle from around the world – we have something for you!
Our catalog includes:
- Red-eared Sliders – a classic aquatic pet that is popular with beginners and experienced keepers alike. They are very hardy and long-lived, living up to 40 years with proper care!
- Eastern Box Turtles – attractive land turtles native throughout the United States. They require less maintenance than aquatic species, and can be kept outdoors in warmer climates.
- African Spurred Tortoises – one of the largest tortoise species in the world, reaching up to 150 pounds as adults! They need plenty of space and enrichment items to keep them happy.
- And many more!
All our turtles are captive bred and sourced from reliable suppliers worldwide, so you can be sure that the animals we sell are healthy and well cared for. We also offer detailed care instructions on our website to ensure that your pets stay happy and healthy too!
Care & Maintenance for Pet Turtles
Are you looking for the perfect pet turtle? Owning a pet turtle can be a rewarding experience, provided that you follow the proper care instructions. Turtles require special care and attention to make sure they remain healthy and happy.
Here are some tips for proper care and maintenance of pet turtles:
- Provide them with an appropriately sized tank. A tank that is too small can cause your turtle stress, while one that is too big will require frequent cleanings.
- Make sure the tank has a secure lid to prevent your turtle from escaping.
- Use a water filter to keep the water clean and provide enough water depth so that your turtles can swim comfortably.
- Provide plenty of UVB lighting to ensure your turtles’ shells remain healthy and vibrant.
- Feed your pets on a regular schedule with fresh foods like insects, vegetables, and store bought food pellets.
- Regularly monitor the temperature in their tank as turtles need higher temperatures than other reptiles.
- Give them time outside their tank to explore and exercise.
Take proper care of your pet turtles, and you’ll be rewarded with many years of companionship!
What do turtles eat
When you choose to bring a turtle into your home, you want to make sure that you provide them with a diet that’s both nutritious and enjoyable.
Variety is Key
Turtles need variety in their diet to maintain their health and for them to flourish. They should be offered a variety of foods including:
- Insects such as mealworms, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles and grubs
- Vegetables like kale, collard greens, squash, carrots and sweet potatoes
- Fruits such as sliced apples, grapes and bananas
- Commercial turtle food mixes which contain vitamins and minerals essential for turtle growth.
How Much Do Turtles Eat?
Most turtles should be given small meals on a daily basis. You should never overfeed them – if they’re full they may leave behind uneaten food that can spoil their environments. To avoid this issue altogether, feed them only the amount they’re likely to consume in 10 minutes or less. It’s best to feed your turtle small amounts throughout the day instead of one big meal.
How long do turtles live
Turtles are some of the longest living animals around. Depending on the type, turtles can easily reach lifespans that dwarf that of humans.
For example, some land tortoises can live for more than 150 years, making them one of the longest living species in the world. Sea turtles are also known to live up to 80+ years in the wild, while many species of freshwater turtles can average out 30-40 years with proper care.
By choosing to purchase a pet turtle from undergroundreptilestore.com, you won’t just be getting a short-term commitment – you’ll be welcoming a lifelong companion into your home. Whether it’s a baby or adult turtle you’re considering, you can be sure that your new pet will provide you with unlimited hours of entertainment and curious behavior – not to mention lasting memories over their lifetime.
Are turtles reptiles
Yes, turtles are reptiles! Turtles belong to the order Testudines, which is made up of all species of turtles, tortoises and terrapins. They are typically characterized by a hard shell for protection and an ability to live both on land and in water.
Other characteristics that define turtles include:
- A long neck and limbs covered in scales or scutes
- Thick eyelids which protect their eyes while they’re submerged
- Claws on their webbed feet
- Predator-deterring plastrals (the flat plates that enclose their bodies)
Most turtle species live in freshwater habitats like rivers, streams or lakes, but some species also inhabit estuaries and even the open ocean. No matter where they live though, they’re able to move between land and water in order to regulate their body temperature. Turtles have also been known to hibernate during cold weather conditions.
Turtles like the ones available at undergroundreptilestore.com are fascinating creatures that make incredible pets for any age. With proper husbandry practices and the right diet, these reptilian friends can provide hours of entertainment for many years!